Terms & Conditions
By completing the registration process you become an authorized user of the 123sonography.com (course, blog, games, podcasts and other services provided on this platform) web site from the date on which you are registered and your agreement to all the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions is a condition of becoming a member and your continued membership. We want you to benefit from the services of the 123sonography.com web site and to enjoy its facilities.
123sonography.com may, for any reason and without notice, discontinue or change all or part of the 123sonography.com web site. We also reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice, although we shall use reasonable endeavors to indicate any material changes by sending e-mails (or messages from within our course site) to registered users (also see 2.2). Your continued use of the 123sonography.com web site after the effective date of any change to these terms and conditions will be treated as acceptance by you of such change.
- The Site is intended exclusively for personal use. Only those users who purchased a teacher license are allowed to use this site for on-site teaching efforts (use in online teaching efforts is prohibited: i.e. use in a lecture hall teaching environment is allowed, integration in another online teaching environment however is prohibited).
- Users who purchase access to one of our courses have the rights to view all course-related contents and will obtain a certificate upon successful completion of the course. Successful completion includes completion of assignments (quizzes) and a final test.
- The Purchase of the Diploma Course, unless stated otherwise, gives the right to access the content for the duration of the consecutive six months after the Purchase. Nevertheless, a longer timespan may be bidden only within the scope of special offers.
- The non-gratuitous access to our site is restricted and ends after completion of the course, which usually takes place 6 months after the start of the course. Access to the free content of our website is not limited in time. However, we reserve the rights to deny access or terminate the membership of users who do not comply with these Terms & Conditions.
- The intellectual property rights in this website, including without limitation, in all documents, files, text, images, RSS feeds, audio files, podcasts, video files, tutorials, graphics, devices and code contained in it and in this website's general "look and feel", is owned by 123sonography.com.
- You are authorized to print extracts or documents from this website (except for any third party owned content which has been identified as such) for your non-commercial use provided any such copy or print retains all copyright or other proprietary notices and any disclaimer contained within them.
- You may embed those videos into a third-party blog or website that were uploaded on the video sharing site Vimeo or YouTube. These videos have to carry the 123sonography.com logo.
- Other than as specifically mentioned above, reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form, including framing, creating any derivative work based on this website and or its content, incorporation into other websites, electronic retrieval systems or publications is prohibited.
- You may not use any diagrams, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics without our permission, except for video content referred to under 1.6. Should you have purchased the “teacher license”, you are allowed to use our platform for teaching purposes in an on-site teaching setting. You are, however, not allowed to use our materials for reproduction in print or online (i.e. integration of our content in your own or someone else’s online platform).
- Except for the limited permission set out above, nothing on this website should be construed as granting any other right or license.
- All product names referred to on this website are our trademarks or of our affiliates, except for those marks which are indicated as owned by other companies and all rights are reserved.
- In the event that you submit any material for inclusion on this website (including without limitation, personal information, know-how, comments, ideas, questions, techniques, abstracts or similar), you agree (i) that such material will not be deemed to be confidential (ii) that such material will not be deemed to be proprietary and (iii) to grant to us an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, disclose, copy, modify, adapt, publicly display and translate all or any of such material for any purpose whatsoever without restriction. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to remove or delete, without notice, any material you submit for inclusion on this website. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. Posting or sharing of inappropriate language such as insults, swear-words etc. will have to be removed by our administrators and can result in the termination of your account, in which case, previous payments will NOT be reimbursed.
- You must not share your account information (user & password) with anyone else (one account and login per user). Any violations of this rule will result in the termination of your account. Any previous payments will NOT be reimbursed.
- Any content that is presented on our Site exclusively belongs to us or our partners. You may not download, copy or distribute any of our proprietary content (i.e. videos, ultrasound videos, slides etc.), except for video content specified under 1.6.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure and secret.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your user name.
- You may not use the Site's service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. Users agree to comply with all applicable local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not, in the use of the Site, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, user names, files, links ("Content") that you submit and post on the Site.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Site or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Site.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to anyone ("spam").
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our website, the server on which our website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of- service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. In accordance with good computing practice, you are advised to virus check all materials and/or content accessed and/or downloaded from this website using commercially available, up to date virus checking software.
- This website may contain third party owned content (e.g. articles, image libraries, data feeds or abstracts) and may also include hypertext links to third party owned websites. We provide such third-party content and links as a courtesy to our users. Links are provided for your information only. We have no control over any third party owned websites or content referred to, accessed by or available on this website and, therefore, we do not endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept any responsibility for such third-party websites or content or for the availability of such websites. In particular, we do not accept any liability arising out of any allegation that any third party owned content (whether published on this, or any other, website) infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or any liability arising out of any information or opinion contained on such third party website or content.
- Violation of any of these terms will result in the termination of your account. In this case, tuition will not be reimbursed.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the free service the Site provides for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Termination of your membership and right of withdrawal of books, magazines and other paper publishing products purchases
- Any authorized user of 123sonography.com can terminate the membership within a thirty-day notice.
- According to the Money Back Guarantee, users who terminate their user-ship within the first 30/60 days (depending on the purchased product/offer) after registration, and have not completed 30% of the purchased course, will receive a reimbursement of 100% of their fee.
- Users who terminate their user-ship after the first month will receive no reimbursement.
- A customer may cancel a book, e-book, magazine or other publishing product order up to one month after the order has been placed. Cancellation must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will be offered providing the goods are returned to 123Sonography in their original condition.
- Customers resign from their right of withdrawal in case of purchase of e-books and other electronic publishing products.
- Shipment cost for returning books, magazines and other paper publishing products purchases have to be paid by the customer.
- Please note that the Premium Membership and SonoAssistant subscription is a recurring payment. The termination of the subscription is possible at any time by sending our customer service (email@example.com) an e-mail requesting for it to be terminated.
- The Course Extension is an automatic monthly recurring subscription and is terminable at any time under firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about us
This international Site is operated by 123sonography.com ("we", “our” and “us”). We are a company "123 Sonography GmbH”, registered in Vienna, Austria.
- We always try to keep the content as up to date as possible. However, as a result of ongoing medical advances and developments, the information on this website may not always be completely up to date and, for this reason, such information is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. This fact has to be considered on the user’s part when medical decisions are made on behalf of a patient. We will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing the 123sonography.com web site, but while we makes reasonable efforts to keep the data and information available on our systems accurate, we can make no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, regarding the quality, accuracy, availability, completeness or validity of the data or information. we accept no liability for incorrect or inaccurate information. You acknowledge that the 123sonography.com web site is provided "as is". Neither we nor any of its employees or agents warrants that the 123sonography.com web site will be uninterrupted or error free. Use of data and information obtained from or through the 123sonography.com web site is at your sole risk. No liability is accepted by 123sonography for loss or corruption of data. Treatment and other patient management decisions should not solely be based on information provided on our website. We thus recommend that treating physicians always refer to available guidelines whenever possible.
- 123sonography’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence shall be unlimited. We shall have no liability in respect of any other loss or damage sustained by you relating to the provision of the 123sonography.com web site, whether caused by breach of contract or misrepresentation or by negligence or other tort (civil wrong) by us. For such purpose we shall include our officers, employees, agents, affiliates and sub-contractors.
- We shall not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, or for any incidental, consequential, economic, indirect loss or special damage suffered by you arising from any liability of 123sonography under or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or the 123sonography.com web site whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
- General Information
- We collect personal information when you register with the Site.
- When you register, we may ask for your email address and eventually certain optional information such as your name, birth date, birth place, gender, biographical information, Skype/AIM/Yahoo/MSN user name, and personal interests.
- The Site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the page you request.
- We use this information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
- IP Addresses
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers who are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting the Site from specific geographical regions.
- To detect illicit usage of the Site (multiple users with the same IP addresses)
- The Site uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to
- access your information when you "sign in",
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the Site's services,
- display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on the Site,
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic,
- conduct research to improve the Site's content and services.
- The Site lets other companies [that show advertisements on some of our pages] set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to the Site's cookies.
- The Site uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We do not rent or sell or share any personal information.
- In the future, the Site may display targeted advertisements based on personal information that is exhibited in people's profiles. When you register with us, your personal information and other data will be stored and processed in Austria and this information may be subject to the laws of these jurisdictions.
- Editing Account Information / Security
- You can change your Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you communications relating to the courses the Site's service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your account.
- Access to your personal information will be granted to employees and coworkers who are involved in teaching courses (i.e. mainly tutors) or our administrative personnel.
- Your Account Information is password-protected.
We may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
123sonography shall be entitled to assign this Agreement and/or engage the services of sub- contractors, including the providers of outsourcing services, for the performance of its rights and obligations under the Agreement. These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with Austrian law and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Austrian courts.
How to contact us:
You can contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
Effective Date: December 2015
Trademarks and Acknowledgements
123sonography.com and its logo are trademarks of the 123 Sonography GmbH. No material from this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without prior written consent of the 123 Sonography GmbH.
Information Collection and How it is used
Addendum to general Terms & Conditions of 123sonograpy:
Service: Second Opinion
123sonography knows that patient privacy is a priority for all healthcare professionals. Our service “Second Opinion” is designed in a way that takes patient privacy extremely seriously. Before uploading, users must remove identifying details (for example: faces, names, tattoos, locations) related to patients from any file (picture, text, videos) that is being uploaded. See a list of all personal identifiers below (Appendix 1). Once a file is uploaded, our team performs a review of each file to verify that all identifying information has been properly removed. Because uploaded files do not have identifying details about patients and are not attached to any patient information, such as names or addresses, they do not fall under privacy regulations around the world such as HIPAA’s Privacy Rule in the United States, the EU Directives, privacy legislation in Canada (such as PHIPA in Ontario), and national privacy laws or similar legislation in other jurisdictions around the world.
Minimum requirements for receiving a second opinion
In addition to privacy requirements, uploaded cases must contain a minimum amount of background information in order to get a valuable second opinion. User must express their questions clear and provide profound medical background information about the specific case. All cases are reviewed prior to being added to our database. Cases that don't meet these criteria will be rejected.
When users upload their case, they may grant the right of sharing the case with other users to 123sonography at any given time in the future.
We answer the questions to your cases in all conscience. Due to the fact that giving a second opinion depends on the information you provide to 123sonography.com we are not able to guarantee a predefined quality of the outcome. Therefore, 123sonography is not liable for diagnoses, treatments or any other actions that may be taken based on the service "second opinion".
Appendix 1: Personal identifiers: identifying details that user must remove before a file is uploaded:
- full face images
- geographical identifiers
- date identifiers
- phone numbers
- fax numbers
- electronic mail addresses
- social security or social insurance numbers, or equivalent
- medical record numbers
- health card numbers, health plan beneficiary numbers, or equivalent
- account numbers
- certificate/license numbers
- vehicle identifiers and serial numbers
- device identifiers and serial numbers
- IP address numbers
- biometric identifiers, including finger and voice prints
- any other unique identifying number, characteristic, or code
Service: Echo2Go Discussion Forum
The validity and evaluation of diagnostic advice provided within the comment function of Echo2Go is the responsibility of the participant. 123 Sonography GmbH and associate partners shall not be held liable for advice or expertise provided by participants in the Echo2Go comment section.
Comments should not include the mention of any specific details which could result in the identification of a patient, either previously or currently under the care of a qualified professional. Furthermore, comments should not contain advertisement, offering of services paid or otherwise, etc. or profanity, pornography, racism, sexism, etc. of any kind.
123 Sonography GmbH and associate partners are hereby only providing a service, through which participants post their comments. 123 Sonography GmbH and associate partners are under no circumstances obliged or willing to check or examine the posted comments. 123 Sonography GmbH and associate partners, however, are entitled to delete posted comments if necessary. The latter right, however, does not constitute any duty to check or examine the posted comments.
Lifetime subscription plan
A 123Sonography “Lifetime” subscription plan is a limited offer that allows you to access the product and the related services that are available at the time of your purchase for as long as the Product and those services are available and supported. Products purchased under Lifetime subscription plans will be clearly indicated as such on the Order Page and in the order confirmation. 123Sonography may stop issuing new lifetime subscriptions at any time. You may not assign Lifetime subscription plans to any other person. While 123Sonography anticipates that the Product you purchased and associated services will remain available and supported, potentially for many years to come, 123Sonography makes no warranties as to the expected lifetime of its services, and in purchasing under a Lifetime subscription plan, you acknowledge and agree that the Product and services could change or terminate in the future. Lifetime subscription will not apply if a Lifetime subscription account is terminated for any duration of time due to cancellation, non-payment or otherwise.
All Access Pass
The All Access Pass Product gives you access to the entire platform for 1 month. The printed diploma is not included.