What you will learn
Many problems may affect the pericardium - some of them are life-threatening. Just think of tamponade. The emergency echo tips in this chapter might save you next time you are on call at night. So you’d better get started!
- What are the causes and consequences of pericardial effusion?
- How to image and quantify pericardial effusion?
- How to make the diagnosis of tamponade and constriction?
- Pericardial cysts
- Congenital abnormalities of the pericardium
- Pericardial carcinosis / tumors
Something is poisining the heartWatch case
This case is only available for subscribers!Get the Echo MasterClass
Fear of Complexity
Complexity scares us. It tends to defy our comprehension skills. However, we sometimes make things more complex than they actually are.Read case
Peeling the Heart
Case: It all started 6 months ago when Jürgen, a 33-year-old waiter, was diagnosed with acute pericarditis.Read case
I always conduct a complete echo exam including all standard views. However, there are exceptions...Read case
Click on the link below to download or print your fact sheet.